Friday, May 22, 2009

Results do not lie - Especially 6 tests in 4 days

I have known I am pregnant for a week now, almost to the exact hour. This post will go through that last week and then starting tomorrow, I'll start more frequent posts. All of this is to document my final journey through pregnancyhood. This is more for myself and my lax memory, but I don't mind if you read along.

The Prologue captured data up to the negative test on May 13th. May 14th I didn't get a chance to go by the Dollar Store, so no tests were taken. May 15th, however, I was off work to keep Junior and after playing in the pool in the morning and eating lunch, we went to the Dollar Store. I bought 5 Ovulation Tests and 3 Pregnancy Tests. In my mind, my cycle should have been starting any minute now and I thought I would be prepared for next month. Yeah, that's what I thought.

So here I am rushing Junior out of his carseat and Papa and Grandma Dalbo drove by but didn't stop, probably didn't see us until they had already passed. We run in the house and I hollered for Junior to please bring me a cup as I run to the bathroom. I know you're supposed to use first morning urine, but at this point I am just hoping that seeing another negative test will prompt my body to relax and let things flow at last. At that point, Junior hands me the cup and I thank him and tell him I'll be back in the kitchen in a minute, that I just have to use the bathroom. He says no he wants to stay in the bathroom with me. I start to protest when a very small inner voice says "Wait, let him stay, maybe this is the way it was always supposed to happen"

So I sit down and put my sample in the cup. I take out the test. I get asked what is that. I tell him after placing 4 drops in the well, "this is a test to see if I am pregnant". The color is moving across the test screen and I see the control line brightly. I raise the test a little closer and blink a couple times and as my brain processes the fact that there are now two distinct lines, out of my mouth comes "Oh my goodness, we are going to have a baby". And before another thought can enter my mind, I hear Juinor's sweet still-babyish voice "Oh my goodness, we are going to have a baby" And I looked up at him and smiled and a million thoughts started flooding my mind and I said again "OH MY GOODNESS, WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!" After we took pictures of the pregnancy test and taped him talking about the test, it was decided that he would tell Daddy. I think I just pretty much paced the kitchen floor until Joe got home. He walked in and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Which irritated him and he told me "Tell me what's going on, You're pi$$ing me off." Junior had just climbed into his lap and so I thought quick and said ""Oh my goodness!!!" Junior looked up at his Daddy and said "we gonna have a bebe" Joe looked at me and I confirmed "I'm pregnant" Junior continued on that it was gonna be a girl and Joe asked him if he was happy that he was going to be a big brother and he said yes.

I think I stayed in shock most of Saturday and Sunday. My nights were sleepless Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - waking up atleast once every two hours because of bathroom breaks, or animals hogging the bed or Junior crying from his cold/flu and nightmares. Funny thing is I didn't really feel too tired during the day. It's good to know this old body can still hang. :-) And that's with very little caffeine. One Coke a day. The rest of the time, OJ, gingerale, grape sodas, milk and water. Need to increase the water though. My chest is "slightly" sore and Jaime swears it's bigger. I think it was Tuesday morning (W5D3) that I actually felt very queasy and thought I might actually barf, but Junior walked in the bathroom to get a shower, which startled me and took my mind off of it long enough for my stomach to settle. Thanks Junior!

W5D6 - I researched ectopic pregnancy because of the strange testing and some pains I always called "ovulation pains" I've had sporadically the past couple nights and days. I found out that they are called "round ligament pains" and very common in pregnancy - okay so I never had them before. I am still a little weary of the ectopic part because it seems to literally rear it's little head in week 8 and 9. So I begin my deep breathing exercises. Breathe in breathe out. June 17th will be here soon enough. And I am enjoying EVERY moment of this pregnancy. It will be my last and therefore I refuse to rush it. I have a baby the size of a sesame seed, in a sac the size of a grape, growing inside of me. And a family that's almost as excited about it as I am! Life doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment