Monday, September 21, 2009

W22D1.Monday.September 21st

I have always considered myself a confrontationalist, but age, hormones or possibly maturity (doubtful) is turning me into an avoider lately. While it's easy enough to avoid, say, posting to the pregnancy blog after an irritating doc appointment, it doesn't settle well with my character. I feel like I am letting myself down not filling a commitment I made and want to keep to myself. Alas I am filled to the brim with "feelings" these days! I think I said/asked it before....who said something of a pregnant woman GLOWING???? I feel lucky if there is actually no froth on the corners of my mouth each time I look in the mirror.

Now where did I leave off....my last OB appointment....I gave the stats but published the post prior to documenting my questions and doc's responses
- Headache behind right eye all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, went away Monday, back Tuesday after 20 minutes in the waiting room - take extra strength tylenol
- flu shot? swine (H1N1) flu shot? - get them and have the whole family get them
- any more ultrasounds in my future? - no :-( not if everything is going well, only need if complications arise and that is doubtful
- when do appoitnments become biweekly? week 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, then weekly

I'll say this then I'll drop it. Come October 6th at 1030am (15 minutes before my next visit) I will be calling ahead to see when they expect me to be seen - if it's another 45 minute wait - I'll just hang out at work.

Quite a few inquiries into my growing belly this past couple weeks. Most I just tell the due date, but some I have fun with and say no and that offends me as I am just gaining weight from the large cookie consumption I've enjoyed lately. I've had it backfire on me once, but it was hilarious nontheless.

Broke the 150 weight barrier last week and am holding steady. Also, last week I started consuming my pepto bismal daily.

I did hard labor in the yard Saturday and paid dearly for it. Back pain is not nice, but I recovered quickly with rest and a warm bath and went back for more Sunday.

Not sure why but had zero movement from the baby on Friday or Saturday. I did good and didn't freak.....too hard. Thankfully she gave me a couple ratta-tat-tats when I started researching other babies who quit moving at my gestation. Had she not, I was preparing to atleast find a stethoscope that day to ease my mind. She actually gave me a good enough movement Sunday evening that I felt it on the outside. Only once though or I would have had Junior and Joe take a feel to share the experience. All in good time.

I still can't believe this pregnancy is half over. People think children grow fast! I'd have to say that this fetus has them beat by a mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment