Thursday, November 19, 2009

W30D4.Thursday.November 19th

I went to the doc today because my hands and feet are swelling and didn't get any better after sleeping all night. I also wasn't supposed to be seen for another week and a half and I really wanted to know what they considered a blood pressure issue. Otherwise, knowing me, I would have worked my pressure up just thinking about it all week. Soooooo they put my mind at ease on THAT subject but she measured me and remarked again that I was measuring big. Since it was my favorite nurse I told her my "theory" that the due date was off by two weeks and she double checked the dates and early ultrasound and verified that 1.24.10 was correct BUT she said she wanted me to go for another ultrasound. I asked her why they felt I was measuring big and she explained that 7 weeks ago I measured 1 week larger that my weeks pregnant and 3 weeks ago I measured 2 weeks larger, which is normal-ish, usually just means bigger baby. On this appointment, however, I measured 5 weeks larger. I am 30 weeks pregnant but measuring 35 weeks pregnant. And with the due date being accurate that would have the baby growing for 10 more weeks before coming out......OUCH! So we will know more on Monday when they do the ultrasound and there's a small chance they would induce a week early depending on the findings. It's gonna be a looooooong weekend but I am a little excited at the opportunity to see baby dalbo one more time PLUS maybe we'll get a definite gender this time. :-)

I still have swollen ankles and now they are dimpling when I press on them but I'm not uncomfortable and know what to look for if preeclampsia should enter the picture.

The baby continues to move a lot and I am enjoying it as much as possible since this will all become a faint memory before too long. We plan to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend and with decorating and Santa visits to start off the holiday season, I know for sure that the next 6 weeks will become a quick blur and then shortly after that.......we will become six.....dalb6 for short. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment