Tuesday, August 4, 2009

W15D2.Tuesday.August 4th

So I am know able to update the blog from my cell and still 3 days pass before a new post appears. Oh well, I was living life instead of typing about it. :-) Dare I say the pregnancy (thankfully so) has been a bit boring lately. Very small, if at all, queasy bouts. And yes I am still tired, but I don't think I'd have that much more energy if I wasn't lucky enough to be pregnant right now. I read about it all the time. This is my time to be pregnant and not really feel pregnant. I wear some maternity clothes for their comfort, but basically I just have a "thick" body, with no waistline. Full figured. I think that sums it up best. I really need to take some pics. I am leaving a legacy of the pregnancy through this blog in terms of what I'm experiencing, but to be able to see the changes in a body, is a journal in itself. I am so fearful of losing my ankles, and that's what actually prompts me, because I can see very subtle changes. I had just planned when I first learned of the pregnancy that I would use the same outfit in the same place in the house for the pictures so that the changes could be monitored easier - yet doing it that "exact" way is what's kept me from doing it at all. I am thankful for some poorly taken pictures of me a month or so ago by Junior and one right before the pregnancy by Sabrina so that I do have some reference of where I've been. There! I just put a reminder in my cell for each morning to take pictures! Maybe I'll get it done now! Fingers crossed!

Today's weight - 142 - And I get to blame this on my pregnancy brain, but I swear I thought I wasn't gaining anywhere near what I had gained with Junior this far into the pregnancy - but I must have been looking at the heartrate or something instead of weight because in comparison - by this time with his pregnancy (W5 - W16) I had gained 8.75 pounds. To compare with this pregnancy (W6 - W15) - ok - so a true comparison won't be for two more weeks - well so far to date I have gained 10 pounds :-) so we are doing pretty good.

I think part of the 10 pounds must be attributed to A LOT of stretchy mucous/snot, which I have EVERYWHERE! It's gotten a lot worse in my eyes the past couple weeks. AAHHhhhhhhh - I despise that feeling - Joe calls the ones in your nose, brain ticklers - but when it's on each of your eyeballs it's just horrible feeling. I know - eye boogers are horrible but birthing a child is a breeze. Strange pain tolerance going on here, I know.

I read through some older posts and realized that I never touched on the OB appointment with my favorite nurse last month. She DID let me record the heartbeat and it IS my new ringtone. I haven't quite picked up the ability to hear it if there's a lot of commotion going on - but Sabrina can hear it from a mile away. Must be nice to be young and still have your hearing...hahahhaha. Thank goodness she doesn't mind running it to me where ever I am too.

I had questions for Nurse Stone, and for the record, here's how everything was answered:
*cord under jaime's arm and around junior's neck at birth, anything I can do to prevent this baby from suffering with cord related issues - not a thing, they can adjust it once I'm in labor if it's obvious, but other than that, nothing
*tubes tied during hospital stay - no, six weeks later or when uterus returns to normal size, there are two options, they are both permanent
*how do I know if my cervix is weak or getting too weak - problems from a weak cervix can be seen and will be checked for at the 18-20 week ultrasound
*where is my placenta placed and will it separate - it's on top so no placenta previa, as for separartion, it's a fluke and uncontrollable
*feel like i may have a possible UTI or bladder infection - urine was checked (negative) need to mention on future appointments, as it's not ever going to be checked again, unless requested
*thoughts on homebirth/waterbirth - homebirth not suggested, check with doctor hodges on next visit for water birth thoughts
*was told 30# limit on dead weight pick up from the ground
*weight (their scale) 141
*blood pressure 115/74

My next appointment is with Doctor Hodges a week from today. I'll ask about the water birth but I don't have my hopes up. I will also get to hear the heartbeat and I will make an official gender prediction. I am expecting - if the insurance allows it - to also receive my referral to go to the 18-20 week ultrasound. Timing SUX though because Sabrina goes back to school when I turn 18 weeks pregnant and we've never had a major ultrasound and everyone not been there. Hopefully it will work out well though, and THEY can all learn the sex together. I have decided that I am going to close my eyes and ears and try not to find out - just for fun - I am sure it won't last long. :-) Anyways - my main concern, especially after calculating my weight gain is to have them check for a second or third baby in there ;-) You can never be too sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment