Tuesday, May 26, 2009

W6D2.Monday.May 25th

530am - I'm awakened by the bathroom fairy. Lovely! I stay awake and enjoy the naseau-free morning....so far. Oh! A side note...weight was 131 a couple of days before the positive pregnancy test. Weight yesterday was 132. That doesn't add up in my head with all the fluid retention going on in this body. Oh well!

The queasiness arrived late afternoon. I think it was brought on mostly by smells in the kitchen or possibly my imagination. Either way, it wasn't fun. But I am still thankful for being pregnant. :-)

I researched caffiene this afternoon too. No more than 300 mg a day is the recommendation. That's equal to three 5 oz cups of home brewed coffee - no worries there! :-) My beverage of choice - Coke - has 34.5 mg per 12 oz can. (I drank 3 cans today - ouch - I think it was the sleep deprivation that had me craving it) What I researched today surprised me though. The reasons they don't want you intake caffiene? Identical to the warning on a cigarette box! Miscarriage, preterm labor, and low birth rate. Odd that I've never seen a warning label on a can of coffee or Starbucks cup!?!??!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment