Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DATE ADJUSTED - W8D3.Wednesday.June 17th

okay okay - so the doc, sonagram and the "Peanut" itself agree that I am 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant. And so I will finally ACCEPT it as it is. What a relief. I am a little sad to say there is only one peanut in there, but if you know me, you know that a teeny tiny part of me thinks there's another one hiding in there - but with each month that passes and IF only one heartbeat is heard - i'll start to believe it more (maybe) hahahahha

i do feel great though and we did see the little one's heartbeat - it looked like a blip on an Atari pong game - when the doctor asked junior "Did you see the baby?" He happily said "No" hahahaha. I can't blame him - looks like a bunch of black and white blobs to me too

Yes, Junior and Joe came to the appointment with me. Besides pooping his pants a minute after he got there and smelling up the office really bad and saying "hey doctor" "hey doctor - we gonna have a baby" all through the exam - he was really, really, really good (His new set of words is really really really) :-)

We were told the new due date is 1.24.10 - so it looks like a tax break for this year won't work after all BUT if I can keep the baby nice and comfy and in no hurry to come out - I might could stretch things out so that it's born on MY birthday :-) regardless it appears I'll definitely have my birthday off from work next year - pretty cool!

of course when I was at the appointment the doc asked if i had questions - i was too excited and said no - then i thought of some and called the nurse back:
*noticing a low-grade fever every afternoon of 100.something - it's just hormones fluctuating
*was the heartbeat # noted or on my chart - no, as long as it is strong, they don't really pay close attention to the actual beats per minute
*even tho i am only 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and most wait until 12 weeks to tell people/work, have my chances of miscarriage lowered or still the same - after confirming the pregnancy by sonagram and seeing healthy heartbeat rate of miscarriage drops a lot 30% to 3%, so there is still a small chance, but that's too small for even freaky me to worry with :-)

I have already been thinking of ideas for my Halloween costume this year - a pumpkin or a beach ball - hopefully it's be warm enough to paint the belly - the kids ought to love helping me with that!

as for today's stats
weight 136 - finally! i was getting a little nervous having been sitting on 135.5 for a while :-)
poop - 1 so far - thankful it was prior to shower - hate doing that when i have a doc appt
cokes - 3+ (ouch) so far

No comments:

Post a Comment