Wednesday, October 28, 2009

W27D3.Wednesday.October 28th

Weight was 152.5 at home this morning. Yesterday at the docs it was 159.5. Heartrate was 150. Doc basically said that losing the plug, patternless contractions, and some dialation was perfectly normal for a pregnancy following two births. She was very negative though to everything I told her was going on. I was finally like WHATEVER I'm the pregnant one here, and moreover I'm an adult who can answer questions - - she would ask a question then answer it opposite how I would have answered. Grrrrrrr. Again WHATEVER! Fingers crossed she ain't the one who delivers me! HA - I just called to check on my next appointment and it was with that same doc so I CHANGED it! :-) And actually I am going to see a doctor I've yet to see so that's good too.

And speaking of that office - I took the time yesterday to read a posted notice before my appointment, and then it finally hit home this morning when my boss was telling me how his wife's labor experience was this past weekend. I would not want to deliver a baby right now. Because of the H1N1 flu they are only allowing one person and one person only to stay with you in labor and delivery AND post partum recovery. One specific person - not one visitor - ONE SPECIFIC PERSON. There is no trading of visitor passes or anything like that. And God forbid your child is born early and stays in the NICU, ONLY parents are allowed. No siblings, no grandparents, no nobody. This H1N1 thing needs to be on it's way. Joe has too much responsibilty at work and home to be the only person allowed to see me and the baby. What a crock! Looks like I need to call the hospital today and see when they expect to lift this ban on guests. ORRRRRRRR I just do the homebirth thing after all! HA! Imagine that! That's who I should call - - - the insurance company and see if they can change their policy "just this once".

No comments:

Post a Comment