Thursday, August 13, 2009

UPDATED @ 120pm & 3pm * W16D4.Thursday.August 13th

ADDITIONAL UPDATE - - - Talked to Shelby at the Genetics Institute (where we went for genetics testing) and found out this is all my fault - the test that came back slightly elevated is a low tech way of checking - I had already passed the high tech test with flying colors (was told chances of chromosonal defect was the same as a 23 year old - yea baby! Down's 1:1,000 and Trisonomy 18 1:4,500) Shelby told me I hadn't needed to take the test at all - not the quad marker part - and she had probably told me that before and I plum forgot - I do that a lot you know. Anyways, I went ahead and bumped up my ultrasound to 8.25.09 at her suggestion (sort of) basically the u/s will be double and triple checked for signs of defects especially knowing that the blood levels were higher than average. And worst case scenario, if baby doesn't cooperate and they don't get to see every thing they want to check because it's only 18 weeks big - I get to have another one 2 weeks later - woohoo - love them ultrasounds!!! it's like my little window to peek in and see what the baby is doing - so I am better now - no more tears or fears :-)

UPDATE - - - Dr. Hodges called me at 1250pm - I was only to be called if something came back not normal - my heart sank when he told me who he was - 22 minutes later it still hasn't risen and my eyes are moist - I am sure everything is fine - I just need to do some research and talk to some people - he was calling to say that my blood test for AFP came back with "slightly elevated" levels for chromosonal defects. At 38 - normal would have calculated out to be 1 in 100 chance - my elevated level changed the odds to 1 in 58. He reassured me by saying instead of 99% healthy child - I have a 98% chance of a healthy child - he basically said with those odds in Vegas it's a sure bet. It did make me feel better yet at the same time I don't bet - I research and prepare. And truthfully, I cry.

ORIGINAL POST
weight - 144pp (pre poop)
mental state - a little tired
hormonal scale (10 being high) - 3 or 4 maybe?
forgetfullness (again, 10 being high) - 5? it's only 11am so i have a ways to go but so far i've remembered to put the dog in his kennel ( I did leave my keys on the table when I went back into the house this morning) and I remembered to take the keys out of the ignition when I got to work - I still can't remember where my work keys and badge are though

issue - i threw up last night - not projectile like the one time with Junior in the middle of the night - it was just enough that i could hold it in and unfortunately reswallow it - which was disGUSTing - it was mostly milk - yuck what a horrible taste

issue - I am allergic to mosquitos and it is horrible!!! If I step outside they swarm to me almost trying to eat me alive and the bites leave gigantic welts that itch terribly for hours (well, minutes) but still I have NEVER dealt with this before - They've always left me alone or if rarely bitten - I made a criss-cross on the bite using my fingernail and the itching went away immediately. I need to research when they will die so that I can go in my yard again.

No comments:

Post a Comment